Broccoli Salad!

Broccoli Salad!

So I am always looking for creative ways to get my hubby to eat new veggies - sneak them into his smoothie, cover them in cheese, you know the drill ;) 

He LOVES bacon, like a lot of us, AND apples, so I knew this salad would be a win! I even switched out mayo with a yogurt based dressing that was SO easy to whip up! Enjoy friends! 

You Will Need:
Salad:
- 2 lrg. or 3 sm. broccoli sprouts
(or a bag of broccoli florets)
- 1/2 package of turkey bacon
- 1 red apple


Dressing:
- 8 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
- Salt
- Pepper

Optional:
- A couple other things that would be delicious in  here would be raisins, raisins, or almond slivers!

Directions:

1. Cook turkey bacon according to package directions (I use the Jennie O. brand usually) 

2. Chop up broccoli into florets and the apple into small pieces. (I kept the skin on bc it is so fibrous, but you could peel your apple too!) 

3. Allow turkey bacon to cool and then chop up into small pieces

4. Combine all ingredients

5. In the meantime, combine  all of the dressing ingredients and whisk thoroughly! 

6. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix everything together! I added a little extra salt/pepper here too!

7. I'm sure you could eat this right away but I let mine sit for a day so the broccoli soaked up a little bit of the dressing before eating!

8. Enjoy!!!! 


Comments