Tonight's Menu: Zucchini Meatballs!

Tonight's Menu: Zucchini Meatballs!

These blew my expectations out of the WATER!!!! I could not stop popping the leftovers the next day :) I have to thank a friend of mine, Krista, for passing this recipe along from Skinny Taste! I took that original recipe and made it my own by adding and subtracting a few minor things. Enjoy, friends!!!


You Will Need:
- 2 average sized zucchini
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup parmasean cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- red sauce (or gravy, whatever you call it ;) 
- ricotta cheese 
(skinny taste recommended this and I LOVED it with mixed in with the sauce and zucchini balls, I also encourage it!) 

 Directions:

1. Peel and grate zucchini, I used my cheese grater. Set aside. 



2. Season panko crumbs with seasonings mentioned above - salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil. Set aside. 

3. Spray baking pan and preheat oven to 375 degrees.

4. Heat olive oil on stovetop and then add garlic cloves. I sauteed for about 2 minutes.

5. Add zucchini to the olive oil and garlic. Cook on high heat for about 7 minutes and feel free to season with additional salt and pepper. Like so: 

6. Transfer zucchini (not the garlic unless you like strong chunks of it!) to a colander and squeeze with a paper towel to get rid of excess water. The water will make it really difficult to make these into the ball shape. 

7. Mix the zucchini with panko breadcrumbs, eggs, and cheese. Mix thoroughly enough so that the eggs are whisked.

8. Create balls out of your mixture and place on baking sheet. Like so: 


9. These guys took 22 minutes to bake for me. Keep an eye on them after 20 minutes to ensure they do not get too brown.

10. Serve with red sauce and ricotta cheese if you would like! They are delicious just by themselves too!! 




Comments