Today's Menu: Sweet Potato Chili!

Today's Menu: Sweet Potato Chili!

Since breastfeeding I have had to lay off the BEANS (yikes!) for the little one - her poor tummy! Anyway, I was really missing my chili in these winter months!

THEN - I saw a friend of mine post - SWEET POTATO CHILI - brilliant! The warmth and heartiness and chili without the beans! Win win win!!!

So to preface all credit of this recipe does not go to me, I am just sharing my experience with it :) 


You Will Need:
1 Sweet Potato 
1 lb. Ground Turkey Meat
1 can diced tomatoes (I used with ones with chiles in them)
2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
2 tsp. Chili Powder
Avocado *
Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt *
*Shredded Cheese*

*optional! 

(Note: this served 2 people with a little extra turkey meat. Definitely add another sweet potato if serving more than two people)

Directions:

1. Peel and dice up sweet potato

2. Bring  2-3 cups of water to a boil, add sweet potatoes

3. Lower heat and cover potatoes

4. Heat up 2 tsp. of olive oil on the stovetop

5. Add turkey meat, diced tomatoes and seasoning

6. Make sure potatoes are soft before taking them off heat, mash them!

7. Pile up in a bowl or on a plate sweet potatoes, turkey meat and any of the optional toppings!

8. Enjoy!! 


Comments