Today's Menu: Apple Chicken!

Today's Menu: Apple Chicken!

I love apple season!!! This recipe was pretty spontaneous and a little risky, but I have to say it turned out great! I think no leftovers means it was a success :) 

You Will Need:
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts (defrosted) 
(I had 6 but they were really thin)
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of apple butter
- Dash of thyme
- Dash of salt and pepper


Directions: 
1. Slice up apple. (You can peel if you would prefer, but remember all the fiber is in the skin!)

2. In a gallon-sized ziplock bag, combine ALL ingredients.

3. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight. 

4. Bake! I did 350 degree for about 40 minutes, flipping the breasts at the 20 minute mark. 

5. Serve with a little more thyme on top and a couple apple slices on each piece! 


Comments

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment