2021 - 2022 Favorite Reads for Inspiration & Life!

 I truly love to read, always have! I was an English major in college and I LOVE me some Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau, the most inspiring of all time in my book! (See what I did there 😂)

These days in the midst of mom-ing HARD so I'm not reading anything too deep, but enough to keep me sharp, challenge me, and most importantly, inspire me. I love how books have the power to take us anywhere and to refresh our perspective any time, any place! 

2021 - 2022 has been a super tough stretch for me adjusting to two kids (one being a super adorable baby who didn't really sleep until around 9 months) so I truly know what it's like to not have the time to sit down and read. I get it and I also cannot relax in a dirty or cluttered house. So, this past year was a lot of audible for me! Simply plugging in my air pods while I was doing chores or taking the babe on a walk, it seriously saved me. If time is an issue, go audible! As much as I love a beautiful book collection, audible saves space & paper, too! 

Okay, enough intro, here's the gems I discovered this past year! 


1. Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey



First off, reading something by a male author was SUPER refreshing for me and my perspective. I actually listened to this about 3 weeks postpartum so I was in a high maternal state and I loved escaping with this one! Second off, do audible! McConaughey reads it himself and totally makes the book come to life between his humor, accents, and impressions. This is a beautifully woven book of life lessons, stories, and relatability for everyone. 


2. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins


The perfect book for facing fear, just getting started, digging up motivation, and really just pumping yourself up! Mel shares an abundance of relatable, vulnerable moments that truly helped me self reflect and she has strategies that are easy to apply in everyday life that very second! Great read.



3. Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch


I love to toss in a parenting read every once in awhile and this one was SO eye - opening!! Kristen has so many ideas to help us raise kids who are grateful, respectful, service-oriented, and who see the world way past their bedroom doors. I loved this read so much I actually went back over it a second time and highlighted away, she has so many inspirational nuggets. Faith based but not a strictly religious read, I would recommend this to any parent with kids any age! 



4. Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before? by Dr. Julie Smith


While this is a topic we all shy away from when we're feeling good, Dr. Smith gives us the logic and strategies concerning what to do when we're feeling bad. From anxiety to lack of confidence, Dr. Smith outlines both preventative tips and in-the-moment tools to help us manage these emotions and difficult times before, during, and afterwards. A great read no matter where you are or how happy you are feeling in life! 



Comments