Tempeh Mexican Salad!

Tempeh Taco Salad! 

Vegan & Gluten Free and literally took me about 12 minutes to whip up! Enjoy!



You Will Need:
1 packet of tempeh (I prefer Trader Joe's organic) 
1 bell pepper
1/2 onion
1/2 lime 
1 tsp. olive oil 
Handful of greens (see below!) 
Salt
Cumin
Cilantro

Optionals: Salsa, Avocado, Chips, Black Beans, Quinoa, Ranch Dressing 

* I found this greens mix at Trader Joe's yesterday and it was perfect for this, a lot more crunch than if I had dumped it over a plate of just spinach! You could also throw all of this into a tortilla shell or taco shells! 



Directions:

1. Chop bell pepper & onion. Heat olive oil on stovetop and add both.
2. Start to crumble the tempeh into the pan and add all seasonings
3. Cook on high for 5-7 minutes, until tempeh starts to brown
4. Drizzle lime juice on top right when taking off stove
5. Pour entire mixture over a plate of greens
6. Add any garnishes or dressings! (I did 1/2 salad, 1/2 ranch!) 

Comments