VEGAN PIZZA

VEGAN PIZZA!

It's about time I figured this one out! Now, I'm a mom, so I'm a lot more realistic than I used to be! (AKA I lowered my expectations!) So I did not make my own crust or cheese. If you are looking to do that, this is not the post for you! 

Otherwise, read on my friends! 

You Will Need:
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Red Onion
6 oz sliced Mushrooms
WW Pizza Crust *
Vegan Cheese **
8 - 15 oz Plain Tomato Sauce
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
Oregano
Basil 


* For the crust, there are a lot of options! We used Trader Joe's whole wheat, but you can be flexible here! Just be aware your baking temperatures & times may vary based on what your packaging says! 

**If you are not vegan, any parmesan or mozzarella is great to use! If you are looking for a vegan cheese, I again love Trader Joe's almond cheese that already comes shredded in a bag for you! 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees. If your crust is in the refrigerator, take it out so it can get close to room temperature.

2. In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil on stovetop and add diced red onion along with a dash of salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. After a few minutes, add in the peppers and then the mushrooms. 

3. Roll out pizza dough over parchment paper and evenly spoon sauce over top (leave room for crust!) then season the sauce with the same seasonings. Pile on cheese and then sauteed veggies. To be honest, when you have so many awesome veggies, you really only need a handful or cheese! 

4. This particular crust baked for 16 minutes and was already browning! Slice up and enjoy!!! I highly recommend a nice glass of red to go with it ;) 

Comments