Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Scone!!!!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Scone!!!!

Okay, not totally vegan but no sugar! They are also not exactly "healthy", but definitely "healthier" than what you would get in a bakery!

Funny fact - I brought this to a friends get together - but I ended up leaving before dessert and never tried them! They did get in touch with me to let me know it was delicious later that night, so we will take their word for it :) 


You Will Need:
1 1/2 cups almond or whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/2 can of pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. cold butter
3 tbsp. greek nonfat yogurt
3tbsp. maple syrup
4 tbsp. almond milk
Dash of vanilla extract
3 tbsp. chocolate chips


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare pan. (I honestly just used a pyrex container so I could throw a lid on this bad boy and take it with me) 

2. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients

3. Add in the butter (chopped) by folding it into the lines of a fork as you go.

4. Mix in puree, yogurt, syrup, vanilla, and milk.

5. Gently fold in the chocolate chips

6. I shaped the dough into a big circle and placed it in the middle of my dish. From there, I used a spatula to even it out across. Brush on a dash of milk at the very end for extra moisture.

7. Bake for about 18 minutes and let cool!

Comments