Sweet Potato Cakes!

Sweet Potato Cakes!
These were SO easy and filling! If you want to use as a quick weeknight meal, I would suggest peeling and grating potatoes beforehand, then its only a couple of minutes when you are ready to eat!!


You Will Need:
2 medium sweet potatoes
8 tbsp. flour or coconut flour
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. olive oil or sunflower oil
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Optional Toppings! (we did guacamole and salsa) 


Directions:

1. Peel sweet potatoes and grate (I used my cheese grater).

2. Combine in a bowl with flour and seasonings.

(I know, you're thinking, it needs MORE liquid! But it doesn't! The sweet potatoes will give you all the moisture you need)

3. Using your hands make sure to mesh everything together well.

4. Heat oil on stove top and add 2-4 cakes at a time. I made mine the size of my palm.

5. Flip them over like you would pancakes.

6. When they are done, lay them out on a sheet or cutting board.

7. In between rounds, you may need to add a little extra oil.

8. When finished, top and eat! We topped ours with guacamole and salsa! 

Comments