21 Day Fixed Approved Peanut Butter Cupcakes!!!!

21 Day Fixed Approved Peanut Butter Cupcakes!!!!

Say whaaaat?! These are NOT too good to be true! They do take a little time & love, but so worth it! My husband's favorite dessert is anything PB - he is not a huge chocolate lover, so I knew these would be a win in our house! Also, the fact that they did not involve too many obscure ingredients I had to go hunt for was a plus!

ANOTHER BONUS - they are also vegan! whoop whoop!

I found this recipe on Autumn's FIXATE channel but I did make a couple of tweeks that I will explain!


You Will Need:

Cupcakes
Dry Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup almond meal (or coconut flour)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup dark maple syrup
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp. flax or chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Icing
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup dark maple syrup
4 tbsp. almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line cupcake pan and spray! 
2. Combine all dry cupcake ingredients and gently stir.
3. Combine all wet ingredients and blend together! 
4. Add wet ingredient mixture to dry mixture.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Disperse into cupcake pan and bake for 18 minutes.

In the meantime....
Frosting!!!!

7. Combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer - you want to really WHIP the icing!
8. Store in refrigerator until ready!

9. Remove cupcakes from over and allow them to COOL for at least 20 minutes.
10. Spread icing on top and feel free to decorate with more chocolate chips!

NOTES!
* Do not panic if they cupcakes do not look BEAUTIFUL when you take them out! Mine did not and its fine because you are icing them anyway!
* Autumn also did a chocolate gnache on top, we ran out of time and hence decorated with chocolate chips instead.
*I substituted chia seeds for the suggested flax seeds, no problem!
* I also ran out of maple syrup and substituted honey, also no problem!
*The icing needs a SERIOUS whip! I made the mistake of putting it in my blender, which worked, but I think it would have gotten fluffier if I had used my mixer or a hand mixer

21DF Containers: 2 Yellow, 1/2 Blue, 3 Tsp. 




Comments