Pizza Night!! Cauliflower Pizza Crust!

Pizza Night!! Cauliflower Pizza Crust!

If you guys read my cauliflower breadsticks posts, you know that before this journey I was downright SCARED of cauliflower and thought there was no way I was capable of making DOUGH out of it! I was nervous this time too, my 2nd time using it and it was a success! Conquer those fears my fellow chefs and health enthusiasts! If I can do it, I know you can!!! :) 


You Will Need:
Food Processor
1 head of cauliflower
2 eggs
3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded) 
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup red sauce or pizza sauce
1 tbsp. coconut oil

Optional Toppings: Tomato, basil leaves, turkey pepperoni, green peppers, grilled chicken, broccoli

Directions:

1. Rinse, peel and chop cauliflower into small pieces. I would also shred your mozzarella cheese at this time, if it is not already! 

2. Place cauliflower pieces into the food processor in small groups, gradually adding more. I have a small food processor, so I actually did about half, emptied it, and then did the second half. Do not overfill it! 

3. You should then have "riced" cauliflower! See below:


4. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes. 

5. Remove the cauliflower, let it cool for 10 minutes. Star to preheat oven to 450 degrees.

6. Mix cauliflower, eggs, and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. 

7. Stir in seasonings. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
 (I found mine was a little too moist, I wanted to give the cauliflower a little time to soak up some of the liquid from the eggs) 

8. Grease a pizza pan or a normal baking pan with coconut oil

9. Place mixture onto the pan and spread it thin into the shape of your choice! The dough does puff up quite a bit in the oven, so do not be nervous to go thin (I would definitely go thinner next time) 

10. Bake for 15 minutes. Viola:


11. Remove crust, lower oven temperature to 350. Brush on pizza sauce or red sauce (or olive oil if you want white pizza!!) 

12. Add additional toppings and your extra cup of mozzarella cheese. Here was mine:


13. Place the pizza back in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes. Once the cheese looks melted, you should be good to go!

14. I sliced my pieces into 4's, this is DEFINITELY enough for 2 people! 


15. Mange! 








Comments