Spaghetti Squash 21DF APPROVED!

Spaghetti Squash Dish 21DF APPROVED!

Ok, so I always see these perfect spaghetti squash posts and I always think there is NO WAY mine would turn out like that! I bought a squash one time and I literally gave up after I couldn't get it cut open. Not kidding!

So this time I went in much more PATIENT and with the advice of a couple of my challengers. And guess what? Patience goes a long way people! There are a couple things I would do different next time, which I will note below, but this was still a success!


You Will Need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Bag of spinach 
1/2 Package of Turkey Bacon (I used Jennie O.) 
2 oz. Goat Cheese
Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Maple Syrup
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

1. Start by microwaving the spaghetti squash for 3-5 minutes, or until it is soft enough for you to cut. Also preheat your oven to 375. 

2. Cut and discard both ends of the squash. Then continue to cut the rest of the squash into rings, about 1.5 inches in thickness. 

3. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil onto a baking pan (or pans) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I used a brush to make sure all of the pan had a thin coat of the oil/seasoning. Place the squash rings on top of the pan, and then flip them over so that both sides get a little of the olive oil


4. Bake the squash for about 30 minutes. This is the TRICKY TIMING PART - add the turkey bacon for as long as it needs to cook, but so that you can take it out when the squash still needs about 5 minutes to go (so, for instance, if the turkey bacon needs 12 minutes, add it around 17 minutes left for the squash) 

5. When turkey bacon is done, heat up a pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and add the turkey bacon and spinach. Add in two teaspoons of red wine vinegar, one teaspoon of maple syrup. This will let the bacon caramelize a bit, so good!

6. While the turkey bacon/spinach mix is cooking on low, take out the squash and remove the skin from the outside. Discard. Then either using a fork or your hands, pull part the rings into spaghetti strings! 

7. One a plate pile squash, turkey bacon/spinach, and then goat cheese! Enjoy!


Notes:
 - My timing game was off. I cooked the squash too early and it got too cold while I was working on the spinach/turkey bacon. That's why I was very specific about timing for you with the cooking of things. Don't fret! If your timing is off, microwave ;) 

- This dish does not need much seasoning or sauce. As you start to mix it all together, the goat cheese will melt in, delicious!

Enjoy! 





Comments