Back to School Snack Ideas!

Okay friends, here we go! Back to school = back to packed lunches... and SNACKS! I am personally a muncher, so I know I need a lot of healthy snacks throughout the day to quickly grab. They keep me fueled, energized, and quite frankly, not HANGRY :) 


1. Shakeology!

I will not spend a lot of time on my beloved shakes here, just a quick sentence or two. This is the quickest, easiest way to get a nutrient dense meal. I put the powder in my shaker before school, get to school and fill it with water and ice, shake, and VOILA! Sometimes I save this to help me fight that mid-afternoon drag, other times I have it for breakfast. 

2. Cottage Cheese + Fruit!
 Confession: I really prefer this with berries. However, I forgot to buy them at the grocery store this week so Matt came up with the idea of using frozen mango instead. It was delicious! Cottage cheese is a great way to get some protein, vitamin b, and calcium!

3. Yogurt Covered Raisins
I may or may not usually inhale these in about 30 seconds. Either way, they are great and low calorie in an already pre-portioned out box. They are DEFINITELY not the most natural, clean eating food out there, but still better than a lot of other choices!

4. Protein Bites
If I make these on a Sunday they are normally gone in our house by Wednesday - so delicious! As someone who always needs to end with a sweet, these are great to pop after lunch or dinner. Here's how I make them, you can definitely add or subtract ingredients though!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup flax seed

(I forgot the flax seeds in this picture!)

MASH everything together with your hands! It will get sticky and messy. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then take it out. Form 1-2 inch balls and store in the refrigerator! 

5. Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip!

WHAAAT! So delicious. I usually dip veggies with it but you could also do whole wheat or whole grain crackers! 30 calories per serving and the first three ingredients are greek yogurt, spinach, and water chestnuts. Win. 

6. PB & Veggies
If you haven't noticed, I LOVE peanut butter! I eat it at least once a day in some way, shape or form. I usually try to get all natural peanut butter or almond butter but let's be real people - the week is long and there is so much to do! These quick "to go" containers are so easy to grab and then toss afterwards. There are "reduced fat" and an "all natural" ones too, according to the website! 

7. Fresh Fruit
Again, easy to grab, pack, and toss immediately afterwards. My "go-to" fruits are usually apples, peaches, oranges, grapes or bananas. No utensils needed (except maybe a napkin) and I can toss everything after!

8. Trader Joe's PB & J Bars
I WARNED you about the PB! So we just discovered these for the first time at the grocery store and I am in LOVE! It does actually taste like a peanut butter and jelly except I did not have to do any of the work to make one! 150 calories per serving :) 

Comments